If you own a website, then getting its domain name registered is the most important thing that you must take into account. Choosing a perfect domain name for the website is quite tough. Hence you will need the services of a domain registrar, an organization or commercial entity that manages domain names according to the defined guidelines.
The domain registrar must be accredited by a top level domain registry or a country code top level domain. Its duties include:
1. Helping the website owners to choose a short, crisp and interesting domain name that people could easily remember, and which is different from the similar named websites.
2. Checking the availability of the selected website name against all the names that are already present in their database.
3. Publishing the name and contact information of the business owners over the website and thus making the information accessible to public with the help of domain name registries.
4. Performing various other tasks for business owners, such as website registration, etc.
5. Reporting and tracking of website names online.
6. Modifying or deleting information about a domain name in registry database.
There are various web hosting companies that include domain names and registry in their packages, thereby helping businesses to get domain names registered in a hassle-free manner. However, it is suggested that the newbie’s look for a domain that has no extra features and offers them great returns in the long run. Top marketers suggest getting your domain name registered privately. This may cost you a few extra bucks, but will ensure that you get more than what you paid for.
Always choose top-tier-top-rated domain registrar, and before hiring any, check his reliability and the credibility. Also make sure that he is not just a reseller, who sells web space on someone else's server. Ensure that your domain registrar informs you of the exact date when your domain expires. Ask your domain registrar to keep a backup of the domain name so that you do not have to suffer in case of any breakdown.
Browse the Internet to choose the best domain registrar, India. You can also find several domain registrars that fit your budget without having to hire very expensive domain registrars. Look for a domain registrar in India that provides excellent services and provides true value for your money. Plan your budget and divide the costs accordingly. Make sure that your service provider knows what you want, and provides you hassle-free services in the long run.
« Back to Articles